Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Is it something in the air?


So week before last when we were in the death grips of the nasty flu that consumed everyone in the house but me, my father in law called. I am still not sure of the point of the call other than he informed me that we were the "sickest family he had ever known."(in an ill sense not a mental sense). After the phone call I hung up quite offended. I don't consider us to have any more colds than the average family. And I reminded him that pregnancy cannot be considered "sick" in the germ sense, to catagorize me as "sick" is sort of insulting at this point when even after 25 weeks I am still not feeling that elusive "burst of energy" and "hunger returning" that they describe in the happy go lucky pregnancy guides!

So last week we had a lovely week of being germ free. The girls were able to return to school full time and we even hit the park on Friday with three of my favorite friends and their children for some fresh air and conversation.

Then came the weekend......

It blew in like a fierce storm, a nasty cold that attacked Little One then spread to G and by late afternoon yesterday I was firmly caught in its' whirlwind. Fever, runny nose, aches, sore throat. BLAH.

This morning for a brief second my father in laws ever so comforting words of us being "the sickest family he had ever known" popped into my head...but I shooed it away like a pesky little fly.

Don't the rest of you get sick too? Or do you just tell me you get sick to make me feel better about the fact that we should be listed in the Guiness Book of World Records for "SICKEST FAMILY STILL LIVING."

And now onto something happy!

If you're digiscrapping away and need some fun new things head over to Diginirvana. They are having some excellent 40% sales on their kits....I have my sites set on some of the new "Little Darlings" kits! Right now the site appears to be having issues when it comes time to pick the categories so keep checking back, I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon!

This is a page I did yesterday using the photo rings tutorial from Jessica Sprague. I truly want to be her when I grow up! She is so amazing, the things she just "does" with photoshop. I recently ordered and received her magazine in the mail and have been LOVING it. Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking. This is the second one, there is a first edition as well that would be fun to have!

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Oh NO! I've been wondering where you are, G said your G hasn't been at school. So sorry. But, you know that I've been having this same issue with the sick all the time. WTH is going on this winter?!
Need some chicken soup?
:)