Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo

So we are now on Spring break, which is slightly over a week. I suggested that perhaps I should take the girls to Florida where we could get into some GGW trouble but Bri said no way so home we shall stay.
This is the first official day of our break and I have to say the girls were quite marvelous. They played so well together, spending some time outside as well as inside. Of course during part of their intense game of "Barbies getting dressed to go to Hawaii" I had to pop in with my camera and get some pictures.
You can see from the pictures that it isn't easy picking the correct wardrobe for such a trip, you can also see how dangerous going through customs can be....occasionally perfectly healthy travelers can and do lose legs.








I am also in process of re-decorating for Spring. I am in that restless phase where I need different colors around, different textures, new photographs etc. I started this weekend with the front room, one of my favorite rooms in the house.
I informed Brian that I had introduced a new color into the mix....he stared at me with a look that said "I know I should care about this revelation but I don't know what the heck she is talking about?"
The new color is green! Not a luck-o-the-irish emerald green but a more chartruese green.




I also received these wonderful flowers from Bri's mom. Wouldn't it be great to be like Elton John and have fresh flowers delivered everyday to freshen up your home! Right now I'm pretending that this is todays delivery ....

I've also started adding new photographs like this fantastic pic of my dad while he was in the Navy! We have very few photos of him as a youngster so to receive any photos of him is a score! I placed it in this rustic frame that I have never found a use for and then used a new pic of my parents as a backdrop. I love how you can see it as then and now. G talked to my mom today on the phone and said "Mom put a pic of Gramps up when he was young. Wow, he's not as young as he used to be!"

I also framed one of my personal photos that I took last year of some poppies in my neighbors yard. I love the bright colors, I can spot it clear across the room! Eventually I want to have it framed in a large frame with a wide mat.

*original print of "POPPY" By Susan

I've added some new scents as well, spring scents with a grapefruit and passionfruit diffuser. This morning when I walked by the room I had to back up and do a double take it made my eyes and senses sparkle!
Next....on to the kitchen!!

2 comments:

Carin Davis said...

love the spring "renovation!" it is gorgeous!!!! i am drooling over the throw pillow...you always find the BEST throw pillows!!! :)

Lindz said...

After the kitchen - On to Lindsay's house!! I am glad that you are all out of bed & feeling better!