Monday, March 31, 2008

And in other news pigs were actually seen flying over Susan's house!


In a rare occurance (especially since I became pregnant!) I actually cooked some food! I KNOW....it's craaaaaaazy!!! I have been wanting to make these yummy looking muffin thingy's on TASTEBUDS blog. The official name is not muffin thingy's it is in fact CINNAMON HEAVEN which is a perfect name for these! The girls and Bri just sat patiently waiting for me to whip these up, every few seconds asking me "are they ready?". G was especially excited to see the blog pics of the muffins and to know that her beloved "Anne-Boree" (like Gymboree) had made them first!
They were yummmmmmmy! And I took the advice of Tastebuds and did not have one moment of guilt over putting a warm cinnoman heaven in my mouth :)

And to top off my cooking weekend I also whipped up some fresh salsa! Dearest Vanessa who always supplies me with excellent conversation and food made some salsa last week and sent some home with me. It was so freaking yummy I ate the whole bowl, Bri kept trying to get in there with a chip but let me tell you I was quite clever at boxing him out of the action. When something tastes good and does not threaten to reappear in the toilet bowl or barf bucket I'm going to eat it until the plate is clean!
I called her the next day to order a few gallons of this creation, she gave me the recipe instead *snicker*. Now apparently the anaheim peppers are not as hot so I used these since Bri is not a spicy salsa fan. It tastes super yummy the next day after it has been soaking in its' own goo over night. I'm wondering what it would taste like with regular tomatoes? Hmmmm perhaps I'll have to try this out mwahahahaha.
Vanessa's Salsa
7 Roma tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1/4 c cilantro
2 serrano or anaheim peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lime (juice)
1/4 of a medium onion
Chop 'em, mix 'em up, let 'em sit, eat 'em with chips. (All measurements approximate and changeable to taste).


And in one final joyful surprise today....better grab the big puffy coat and hat and bundle up tight....




MEMO TO WINTER.....ENOUGH ALREADY.....GO AWAY.....AREN'T YOU TIRED....DON'T YOU NEED A BREAK TOO?.....FEEL FREE TO SIT DOWN, HAVE A CUP OF JOE, PUT YOUR FEET UP AND REST UNTIL DECEMBER.....WE PROMISE WE WON'T FORGET ABOUT YOU!

6 comments:

Annemarie said...

I'm glad you liked them...next time let me know what you're craving & I'll bring it right over!!! My kids played in the snow today, too...Lizzie went out with a spoon and basically had snow for lunch...good mom, good mom...

Callisters said...

Isn't it true, when something sounds good while being pregnant you could eat all (plus more if it was around!). Amen to no more winter! How sad, one week for church we bring out the white shoes and then next week we are back to the dark colors!

Annemarie said...

Your pic is soooooo much better than mine...go figure?!?!?

Nessa said...

Hey! That recipe is proprietary...and.....copyrighted...and who am I kidding. I stole it from some chick at a picnic. Glad you liked it.
:)

AnneMarie said...

I with you!

AnneMarie said...

MMMMM the salsa looks delightful and the muffins...um making them tonight!!! YUM!