Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Balance is Restored to the Universe!



They're baaaaaaaack!!
And not a moment too soon. I cannot even begin to express how much I missed these two little faces (and of course I missed their Daddy's darling face too!!) I missed their laughter, witty ways of expressing their opinions, the way they climb all over me like a jungle gym and snuggle in for some love. I missed their big beautiful eyes looking up at me and the soft steady sounds of their breathing after they've gone to bed.
An adventure to Disneyland with their Daddy and Grammie, Poppa and Aunt was where they had flown away from me to. The night before they left the three of us (the girls) bawled like babies in each others arms. Bri looked at the three of us sobbing and hugging and all he could say was "this is the saddest thing I've ever seen, I don't even know what to do!" And the next morning they drove off and it felt so strange to be the one left behind.
This trip was planned before we got pregnant with Rex, I knew the moment we found out that he was on the way that there was going to be no way I would be going with the family on this particular adventure. Eight months pregnant schlepping it around the giant-ness known as Disneyland in the heat (it was mid 90's the entire time they were there.) was not something I have ever aspired to do!
They had so much fun and their Daddy took such amazing care of them (as if I had a doubt!) They had the joy of having four adults looking out for them and granting many of their wishes, what could be better. But they still missed their mommy, and their mommy missed them!!
When they came back last night it was as if everything with the universe was right again! Our little family was back together and I felt like I could fully breathe again. I had the best sleep last night then I've had all week.
Today I snapped a pic of them with their baby brother (above) whom they also missed. Hard to believe that the next adventure we take he and I will be along for the ride!
I love you girls.....welcome home :)

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

That is a great picture. I'm glad they had a good time!