Thursday, May 1, 2008

Remember back in the day when I was a photographer? ;)


A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I used to be a photographer! Then I got pregnant and could no longer go through a day without throwing up so the photography thing was put on the back burner while I got to be really good friends with the commode :) Way back in December I committed to two clients for February appts (this is when I tricked myself into thinking the sickness wouldn't last that long.) Between the weather and sickness and numerous other things I finally was able to get this shoot done last weekend!
Was it fun....yes it was!! I've known "A" since she was in her mommy's tummy so hanging out with her was like kicking back with an old friend and sharing a beer....hmmmm well no not a beer....sharing some milk! We laughed and laughed and when she asked me to sit in the back seat with her as we went on location I gladly said yes. She even asked if I could be in a few of the shots with her and her mother but I explained that I wasn't sure how we could do that if no one was behind the camera!
I am LOVING how these are turning out, it was fun to be inspired again in this way and to have that feeling of excitement at getting home to see how the shots turned out.
I am not sure where my photography business will go after the baby comes. Right now I am concentrating on trying to keep the baby in for eight more weeks and battling some depression and contractions and whatnot....you know, the usual.
So right now here is a sneak peek of this session!








6 comments:

boopsiedaisy said...

Such a well laid out blog & uber precious, stunning pics! ♥

Joanne said...

Those photos are so gorgeous!

Cris Dukehart said...

My sweet, I would ask you to kick it in the back seat with me too.
Astounding work.
Hang tight.
S.

Unknown said...

What beautiful photos and such a beautiful child! Great work!

Carin said...

woohoo!!! glad to see you back in the saddle!!!

she is adorable....and so are these images!!! your talent for extracting smiles and true personality is second to none!

Annemarie said...

Goosebumps!! These are ADORABLE!!!!!! You did such a great job and I can't believe how big she is!