Thursday, May 15, 2008

I vowed to take pictures today







While the chickens are partying it up I promised myself I would do a few things for me while they are gone. One of them was to take some pictures. Since I was about nine or ten I had a fascination with photography, but my fascination lay in more artistic style landscape/building photography. I loved old run down shops or the random beat up car by the side of the road. Tilting barns and whatnot grabbed my attentnion as we would drive to California for family vacations.....and if something had rust on it the rustier the better!! I've been enjoying taking these types of pictures since I've been pregnant. Places catch my eye and often I'm too tired to go back or I have the girls with me or I don't leave the house (with this pregnancy) to go back and get the shot so today was the day I was going to fit a few shots in.

I adore the one with the lone shoe hanging from a strand of lights. I just happened to spot it while I was taking some other shots and how could I not stop and study this oddity. The shoe looked like a replica French style book from the early 1900's. There was just one dangling at the end of the strand of lights....all of it hanging from a building that had virtually been demolished. It almost seemed like an art exhibit in it's own right. I put different versions of two of the pictures to show the colors and then the dramatic side.

I did do a few other things today for just me but currently I am suffering from some serious side cramping (I think this giant baby I'm carrying is just getting too big and too low for my ligaments to hold him up anymore!) So I'm going to go and lay down and put my feet up.

2 comments:

Eric and Katie said...

These pictures are beautiful. How are you holding up? I can't wait for your baby to come!

Unknown said...

As a wise man once said: Enjoy the Silence.