Thursday, April 17, 2008

These Boots



"These boots were made for walkin'
and that's just what I'll do. One
of these days these boots are going to walk
all over you."


My G is a tall girl with long legs. When she was smaller I used to get uptight about it, worrying that she would get a complex always being the tallest child. I learned when she was less then a year old that other moms find it a fascinating topic of conversation when a child is tall. They like to point it out over and OVER AND OVER. And then they like to point out that their child is so wee small. When she got to preschool there was one mother in particular who had to point out to me almost ever day that G was "sooooooooooo big and tall! Is her daddy tall? How old is she?" As if perhaps I had snuck her in the class and lied about her age so that the class could make it to the preschool finals in basketball!!
The funny thing was G never had a problem being tall. She never asked about it, never even noticed it! So I stopped worrying about it. She isn't the tallest kid in the class anymore but she wishes that she was.
She LOVES being tall and totally owns it! Her favorite pair of shoes are these boots, purchased for her Pink Power Ranger Halloween costume in 2006 she discovered them again this winter/spring season and would wear them everyday if she could.
They have a two inch heel on them and one morning when I asked her why she wanted to wear the boots again she replied....
"They make me tall!!!"
You have to love a kid who owns her height and is willing to add even more to it :)

6 comments:

Georgia said...

LOVE those photos!!!

What do I need to do to convince you that you should teach me how to be awesome like you?

I am texturally challenged... I so wish I could use textures in PS like you do. Simply lovely!

xoxo

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

YThanks!
You are already awesome!! I saw those kick butt tooth shots lady! I will gladly give you texture hints and tips just email me what you're looking to do :)

Ronda said...

I love G! She is one cool kid. My son was always the tallest and MM is catching up. I find it soooo annoying how others can not stop commenting about how "big"..how "tall" they are. I always respond..I would hate a short kid, I am so glad it worked out this way. :)hehe They never say anything else. Go for it G!
hugs,
Ronda

Joy said...

These photos are fantastic!! She is adorable. I love that she owns it, too!!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

Ronda I love your replies to people about the height issue!! I miss your clever wit!!
Thanks Joy :) Can't wait to hear how your vacation is going so far!

Callisters said...

I wish I was taller! I don't think it matters if they are super tall or super short someone has to make comments! In our case with Olivia it is super short!